John Huddy is an award-winning print and broadcast journalist with experience in the United States, Middle East, Europe and parts of Asia and Africa. He has a Master of Science degree in Mass Communication with an emphasis in Global Strategic Communications, and a Graduate Certificate in Conflict resolution and Consensus building from Florida International University. John Huddy is a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Newsmax (May 2022-present)
- Senior correspondent providing live and taped coverage of stories in the United States, and overseas.
- Provided live and taped reports from the front lines of battle during the War in Ukraine.
- Interview government and military officials, analysts and experts.
- Work with freelance photographers, producers, and correspondents.
T&R Productions (RT America) (February 2019-February 2022)
National Correspondent & Anchor based in Miami, Florida.
- Provided live and taped coverage of stories in Latin America and the United States.
- Provided editorial analysis, detailed insight, explanatory reporting, and breaking news coverage and analysis for news broadcasts.
- Fill-in anchor and guest host of prime time broadcasts. Provided editorial direction of broadcasts, including writing opening monologues, pitching, producing, and scheduling segments, directing guest discussion and analysis.
- Stories have included coverage of the “Freedom Convoy” protest in Canada, the political crisis in Puerto Rico, Jeffrey Epstein’s Little St. James Island in the U.S. Virgin Islands two weeks before Epstein’s death, the 2020 Presidential Election, the January 6th insurrection, and analysis of Israel’s election.
Huddy Media Communications (October 2017-October 2018)
Freelance Foreign Correspondent based in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Provided editorial analysis and reporting on regional issues for American, Hebrew, Arabic media outlets in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Wrote, field produced, shot, edited copy and video for broadcast and print media outlets including the Jerusalem Post, and Sinclair Broadcast Group’s Full Measure.
- Responsible for freelance photographer and editor assignments, budgets, invoices, working with managing editors and executive producers on story assignments and production schedules.
Fox News Channel (April 2014-October 2017)
Foreign Correspondent based in Jerusalem, Israel.
- Led the network’s live coverage of the 2014 War in Gaza (Operation Protective Edge) from Gaza City and the southern Israel border. Reported on the terror attacks in Istanbul, and Brussels, Belgium, the attempted military coup in Turkey, the Syrian civil war and refugee crisis, the fight against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, Italy’s deadly earthquakes and the 2017 failed Catalonian independence bid in Barcelona, Spain.
- Appeared regularly on network programming and provided live analysis and continuous coverage during breaking news. Collaborated closely with producers, writers, editors and photographers on daily newscasts, story projects and assignments. Wrote and produced scripts and packages for live broadcast, including field producing for on-air correspondent work.
- Provided analysis, commentary, editorial insight during breaking news coverage.
- Filed daily Fox News Radio reports and contributed reporting to the Fox Business Network and Fox affiliates.
WNYW-TV/Fox 5 News (July 2009-March 2014)
Reporter and fill-in Anchor.
- Go-to lead reporter on major assignments and stories for Good Day New York and the Fox 5 News at 5, 6 and 10 p.m. Story coverage included the Occupy Wall Street protest, the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting, the New York Yankees and New York Giants World Series/Super Bowl victories, and the attempted Times Square terror attack. Contributed investigative and feature reporting.
- Wrote, produced, reported for daily newscasts. Collaborated extensively with producers, photographers and editors on daily newscast production and scheduling often with multiple assignments under deadline pressure.
- Investigative reporting on predatory towing in New Jersey resulted in the creation of a specialized state Consumer Affairs division for investigating predatory towing and proposed changes to state law regarding the investigation and prosecution of predatory towing companies and offenders.
- Provided live continuous coverage and analysis during breaking news and election specials.
- Provided coverage for Fox affiliates and the Fox News network.
- Nominated for eight Emmy Awards including Outstanding On-Camera Talent Live Reporting (2009-2011), Outstanding Breaking News coverage (2011, 2013).
WWOR-TV/My9 News (May 2008-July 2009)
General assignment and Investigative reporter.
- Reporter for My9 News based in Secaucus, New Jersey and reported for sister-station Fox 5 News.
- Story coverage included the 2009 New Jersey Gubernatorial Race, the Miracle on the Hudson plane crash, the Binghamton, New York massacre, and the Jersey City corruption scandal.
- Nominated for a New York Regional News Emmy Award for Outstanding News Coverage, Societal Concerns (2008) – the first broadcast story I ever fronted – and won an Emmy as lead reporter for Best Newscast coverage of the Miracle on the Hudson plane crash (2009).
- Collaborated with the investigative team on projects and sweeps packages.
- Hosted events in Jersey City and New York City on behalf of My9 and Fox 5 News including the Celebrate Israel Parade and the 40th Anniversary of the PACO Agency in New Jersey.
WNYW-TV/Fox 5 News (November 2004-May 2008)
Senior writer, copy editor, associate producer, and field producer.
- Responsible for coordinating with writers, editors, and reporters for the daily newscasts on Good Day New York and the Fox 5 News at 5, 6 and 10 p.m.
- Produced and wrote anchor packages and helped line the rundowns with senior and executive producers.
- Worked with on-air talent writing scripts, packages and field producing.
- Collaborated with editors cutting video and reporter packages for broadcast. Helped coordinate daily news coverage with producers and assignment desk.
Albuquerque Journal (October 2001-April 2004)
City and County Government Reporter
- Santa Fe, NM city and county government reporter based in the state capital of Santa Fe for the Albuquerque Journal North Bureau.
- Lead reporter covering Santa Fe City Hall and the Santa Fe County Commission.
- Reported on Santa Fe’s unprecedented drought restrictions, developmental regulations, the Colorado River Compact renegotiation, and the contentious Santa Fe Living Wage ordinance.
- Investigated city and county corruption and helped in the coverage of breaking news and state/national elections.
- Reported extensively on government leaders, including officials with the United States Department of the Interior, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, along with numerous other public information officers and law enforcement agencies and officials.
Twin Falls Times-News (October 1999-October 2001)
City and County Government Reporter
- Twin Falls City and County government reporter based in Twin Falls, Idaho.
- Story coverage included Idaho’s agricultural restrictions, farming groundwater violations, local and state criminal investigations and the Snake River Canyon Rim development and the Jarbidge Rebellion in Nevada.
- Won state agricultural, feature and investigative reporting honors for stories including a deadly drug bust in the small town of Eden, Idaho, and the fight against large dairy operations in Twin Falls County.
Los Angeles Daily News (May 1997-September 1999)
Simi Valley/Conejo Valley community page editor.
- Started my senior year in college editing community briefs and doing feature and news feature stories for the zoned edition of the L.A. Daily News.
- Helped with breaking news and election night coverage.
Senior researcher and a copy editor for the New York Times bestselling book Storming Las Vegas (April 2004-September 2004) responsible for interviewing former law enforcement officials in the FBI and Las Vegas Metro Police Department and investigating the criminal background and history of the book’s subject, Jose Vigoa, during his drug kingpin years in Las Vegas, Nevada. The book is now being made into a major motion picture.
Florida International University, Class of 2021, Master of Science in Mass Communication, Global Strategic Communications with Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Consensus Building. 4.0 GPA. Member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
California Lutheran University, Class of 1998. BA Communication Arts/Journalism.
Villanova Preparatory School, Ojai, California, Class of 1993.
News is in John Huddy’s blood. His father, John Dennis Huddy, was a Miami Herald columnist, entertainment editor and former network producer (NBC, CBS, FOX NEWS). His sister, Juliet, is a former Fox News correspondent, anchor, and radio personality based in New York City. John Huddy has been described by Broadcasting & Cable as a “veteran New York reporter”, who’s award-winning work has been lauded in the New York Daily News and New York Post.
While in high school and college, John Huddy worked as a photographer, editor and writer for his father’s television station, KADY-TV, in Ventura, California and its Emmy award-winning local newscast, the Ventura County News Network. His mother, Erica Trevor Huddy, was a professional singer who performed on The Tonight Show in 1975 while four months pregnant with her son John.
During the pandemic, John Huddy decided to return to school to pursue a master’s degree in Mass Communication from Florida International University where he graduated in 2021 after juggling his responsibilities as a news correspondent and anchor and his rigorous academic duties.
John Huddy is married with a daughter and a son on the way. He enjoys reading, sports, the outdoors, history and travelling. He has travelled throughout North America, and parts of the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe. While in New Mexico, Huddy was a part-time ski instructor on the weekends at Ski Santa Fe for a winter while studying New Mexican and Southwestern U.S. history at the College of Santa Fe. He is a musician, having played the drums since the age of seven. Huddy was an all-county baseball catcher in high school and a Division 3 collegiate player for the Kingsmen at Cal Lutheran University (catcher, outfield).